Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time Based Currency

Have you ever said: I don’t have the time?  I wish I had the time?  If only I had the time?  I know I have on numerous occasions.  It reminds me of an interesting question that gave me a different perspective on Time.  The question was—

Imagine there is a bank which credits your account each morning with $86,400, which carries over no balance from day to day, allows you to keep no cash balance, and every evening cancels whatever you had failed to use during the day.

What would you do?
Draw out every cent, of course!
Well, everyone has such a bank. Its name is TIME.
Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
Every night it writes off, as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to good purpose.
It carries over no balance.  It allows no overdraft.
Each day, it fills your account for you.
Each night it burns the unused funds of the day.
If you fail to use the day’s deposit, the loss is yours.
There is no going back.  There is no drawing against tomorrow.
You must live in the present on today’s deposit.
Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness, and success.

Now what are you going to do?  Will you say, "that's a great question" and do nothing, or will you say, “I need to change the way I am living?”  If you are one of the few who live life as though you are drawing out every cent, keep it up.  I know I have left money on the table, but I am committed to drawing out every last cent of time that I can to serve people and my family. 

Time is a bank that you want to keep at a zero balance, especially when it is being spent on others.  Spend it wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment