Sunday, October 31, 2010

A New Reality

“There are three types of people in this world: those who make things happen, those who watch things happen and those who wonder what happened”. ~ Unknown

Which one are you?

Every day we hear conflicting news reports that say the economy is turning around or it is going to get worse before it gets better.  So many of us are sitting on the sidelines in a holding pattern waiting to see exactly what is going to happen.

I want to challenge you to be one of those who make things happen.  You have skills and experiences that you can call on to change your life for the better.  This means that you may have to take chances and risk failure.  Real meaningful change will involve taking risks, but with the risks come big rewards.  The key is perseverance.

You have to trust yourself and all that you have learned.  If you want to be successful you will need to take stock of who you are.  Assess your strengths and your weaknesses.  If you do not know who you are, you will have no clue on where and how you will fit in this world.

When I lost my job, I found that one of my strengths was my ability to communicate on a personal level.  I was given many opportunities to speak to diverse groups all over the Bay Area.  As a result, I started my own company which allows me to speak to men, women and young people about finding their purpose in life and how to live life to the Full.

If you are one of the people who do not know what is happening, I want to challenge you to educate yourself on what is going on in your community and the world you live in.   I want you to think about how you can play a significant role in changing the lives of others and thereby change your own life.

The economy is what it is.  You cannot change it. But you can change how you respond to it.  Let today be the day, that you make the one positive choice that will change your life forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment