Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Can't Stop The Rain

“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”  ~John Ruskin

I
t’s cold, then rainy, then windy, and then it’s hot!  Have you found yourself complaining about the weather?  I will admit that I do.  I love the sun, I am a solar person.  When it’s raining, I can feel my internal battery draining.  I then start to complain and ask, “When is the rain going to stop?”

Recently, parts of the country have experienced extremely heavy rainfall, which resulted in record level flooding.  Lives, homes and personal property were lost.  As I saw images on the news of the total devastation of whole communities, I started to reflect, and felt bad about my complaining.
 

I committed to stop my whining and embrace each and every day for the opportunity it presents. To feel the cold, the rain, the wind and the heat on my skin is a blessing.

It is about experiencing life! 

Y
ou may be experiencing rain or heat in your life.  The heat of a poor economy or the rain of a myriad of personal problems.  Hold on, take a deep breath and let go of the things you cannot control and place your faith in God, the One who is able to get you through whatever you are going through.

No comments:

Post a Comment