Sunday, May 15, 2011

THERE IS POWER IN THE STILLNESS

Do you find the days, weeks, months and years flying by? I know I do. I cannot believe that the year is almost half over. Why, it seems that I just celebrated my 50th birthday, but that was almost 2 years ago.

Recently I heard about a woman whose life was so fast paced that on a hot summer day while running numerous errands, she jumped out of her car, leaving her toddler behind. Upon returning to her car she found her daughter’s lifeless body. I will never forget her saying, “How could a mother forget her child
. As she recalled the story she said that her life was full of busyness and she very seldom took time to slow down. It took losing her daughter for her to finally realize that she needed to reevaluate her priorities.

Although her story is not a common one, it does highlight how we can sometimes get caught up in the “To Do” of each day.


I believe we all need to get out of the noise, if only for a few minutes each day. We need to find a quiet place, which is just ours, a place of solitude. When you find that place, protect it from the noise of the world! I love to sit in my car in the morning to pray and read my Bible. It prepares me for the day.


Don’t let life consume you and dictate the pace if your life. Take time to reflect, reinvigorate and renew your mind and body.


There is power in the stillness!

No comments:

Post a Comment